If weeds are a problem in your garden, this video is a MUST watch!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
One thing we hear a lot is that keeping up with weeding the garden can get too overwhelming and time-consuming.
We definitely understand as we’re just two years into our garden which was very neglected when we bought the property.
Getting control of the weeds and bringing them down to a manageable state can be tricky, but it’s definitely doable with a few simple tips.
For more tips visit the blog post: https://homesteadingfamily.com/how-to-keep-weeds-out-of-garden/
0:00 – Chit Chat
1:37 – Q & A: What did you make your garden signs out of?
2:42 – Main Topic: Weed Management Strategies
3:54 – What are weeds?
4:32 – How you manage the soil – stop tilling your soil
6:02 – Develop healthy soil
6:45 – Check in with your garden daily
7:30 – Remove weeds when they’re small
9:02 – Hula Hoe or Stirrup Hoe
9:40 – Cultivation
10:55 – Chop and drop the weeds before they go to seed to naturally mulch your garden
12:55 – Don’t let your weeds go to seed
13:45 – Don’t use chemicals or herbicides, be patient.
14:20 – Utilize your weeds that are edible or medicinal!
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#weedmanagement #gardening #gardeningtips #weedsinthegarden