If you’re a homesteader or wanting to learn homesteading skills, these are our top book picks!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
Whether you’re wanting to learn how to become a modern homesteader or to homestead the old fashioned way, whether you have 40 acres or a tiny patio on a balcony apartment. These homesteading books are the best we’ve found and will help you on your journey to becoming a homesteader. (https://homesteadingfamily.com/best-homesteading-books/)
0:00 – Chit Chat
2:13 – Question of the Day – Where did we buy our water nozzle? (affiliate link:
3:38 – Special Announcements!
7:43 – Topic of the day – Our Top Homesteading Book Recommendations
8:08 – Basic Homesteading Books
11:44 – Top Gardening Books
16:40 – Preservation/Canning Books
20:00 – Raising Farm Animals Books
25:20 – Books on Dairy
28:48 – Permaculture Books
34:10 – Basic Cooking Books
26:23 – Extending the Garden Season Books
37:40 – Growing Herbs/Herbal Remedies Books
40:32 – Fun Fictional Books
42:28 – Our #1 Top Book Choice!
Hoze Nozzle: https://amzn.to/2Zbc9rV
Books (affiliate links):
-The Encyclopedia of Country Living BY Carla Emory https://amzn.to/3efr4Fx
-Gardening When it Counts by Steve Solomon https://amzn.to/2AIPVUv
-The Intelligent Gardener by Steve Solomon https://amzn.to/2ZSUkgn
-Independence Days: Guide to Food Storage and Preservation https://amzn.to/2DsW20j
-Surviving Off Off-Grid by Michael Bunker (NOT BEYOND OFF GRID) https://amzn.to/3iRcJmu
-How to Grow More Vegetables BY John Jeavons https://amzn.to/2ZYxqE6
-The Market Gardener by Jean Martin Fortier https://amzn.to/38GEJEw
-Ball Blue Book https://amzn.to/31Evakg
-Ball Canning Book https://amzn.to/2N6ZQW7
-Complete Guide to Pressure Canning https://amzn.to/2ofSV4E (This is NOT mentioned in the video, but is regularly recommended through the webinars and the canning class)
-Preserving with Pomona’s Pectin https://amzn.to/2Oc40x6
-Traditionally Fermented Foods by Shannon Stonger https://amzn.to/2BYaNYD
-Pastured Poultry Profits BY Joel Salatin https://amzn.to/3iN2Ypf
-Keeping a Family Cow BY Joann Growman https://amzn.to/3ehu0S9
-Grass-Fed Cattle BY Julius Rouchelle https://amzn.to/2Cn0Rri
-STEAK by Mark Schatzker https://amzn.to/3iPMqg8
-Milk Cow Kitchen by Mary Jane Butters https://amzn.to/2O7SuTe
-Art of Natural Cheesemaking BY David Asher https://amzn.to/322aYgc
-Introduction to Permaculture BY Bill Mollison https://amzn.to/3gLNcsG
-The Resilient Farm and Homestead by Ben Falk https://amzn.to/2ZPA8vI
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
#homesteadingbooks #bookrecommendations #books #homesteading