If you’re in the market for some homestead property, this is a MUST WATCH video!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here: http://bit.ly/FollowAlongNow
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
When considering what kind of property to buy to develop or build a homestead, there are many aspects to think about. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but we tried to cover everything we could think of on a broad scale that would apply to most people. We hope these tips are useful in helping you on your journey to buying a homestead property.
For the full list of things to know, plus a few extra tips, head on over to the blog post: https://homesteadingfamily.com/how-to-buy-a-homestead-property/
Feel free to jump around from topic to topic with the time stamps below.
0:00 – Chit Chat
5:35 – Q & A: How does our bean tunnel work in our garden? Do we move it each year or not?
9:16 – Main Topic: Buying Homesteading Property
10:00 – Never buy a property site-unseen.
11:15 – Have an anchor
12:48 – Be careful about switching climates
14:33 – Get to know your potential neighbors
16:20 – What is the access like?
18:50 – Water
21:00 – Power Source
22:33 – Know your house site
26:44 – How much land to buy?
30:21 – Climate
31:49 – What type of landscape?
34:17 – Orientation of the land
35:31 – Soil
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at https://www.homesteadingfamily.com and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/homesteadingfamily
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#homesteading #homesteadproperty #buyingland #buyingproperty